Total Hemoglobin (SpHb®) is a breakthrough measurement that allows clinicians to noninvasively and continuously monitor hemoglobin—facilitating earlier and better clinical decisions, improved patient safety, and reduced cost of care.
Blood Transfusion Management
"Masimo SpHb is an impressive new tool that could potentially help us to more safely guide patients in surgery through to recovery. With it, not only can we spot hemoglobin changes as they occur, but we can see where they are heading. This ability to identify an upward or downward hemoglobin trend on a second-by-second basis as it occurs could be of tremendous value."
Ronald Miller, MD
Chief of Anesthesia, Professor and Chairman of the
Dept. of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care at the
University of California, San Francisco, CA
Masimo rainbow® is a noninvasive monitoring platform enabling the assessment of multiple blood constituents and physiologic parameters that previously required invasive or complicated procedures, in addition to providing Masimo SET® Measure-through Motion and Low Perfusion™ pulse oximetry.
- > Total Hemoglobin (SpHb®)
- > Carboxyhemoglobin (SpCO®)
- > Methemoglobin (SpMet®)
- > Oxygen Content (SpOC™)
- > Acoustic Respiration Rate (RRa™)
- > Oxygen Saturation (SpO2)
- > Pulse Rate (PR)
- > Perfusion Index (PI)
- > Pleth Variability Index (PVI®)
The upgradeable rainbow® platform lets you choose the rainbow® measurements that are right for you now and be confident that your investment in patient safety won’t become obsolete tomorrow.
Total SpHb Solutions
Accuracy of Noninvasive and Continuous Hemoglobin Measurement by Pulse CO-Oximetry™: Data Submitted by Masimo as Part of FDA 510(k) Clearance
- 1 Ehrenfeld JM et al. ASA. 2010. LB05. (abstract)
- 2 Awada W.F.N., Maher F. Proceeding of the Society for Technology in Anesthesia Annual Meeting, 2013: p 51.
- 3 Hebert PC. Crit Care. 1999: 3(2):57-63.
- 4 Herwaldt LA. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2003; 24(1):44-50.
- 5 Bateman BT et al. Anesth Analg. May 2010 110:1368-1373.
- 6 HRA Research of Hospital Executive 2012.
- 7 Bruns B et al. J Trauma. 2007; 63(2):312-5.
- 8 The Joint Commission, "Sentinel Event Alert: Preventing Maternal Death" Issue 44, January 26, 2010
- 9 Case studies listed above